- 1 How do you make holy basil fried rice?
- 2 How do you make chicken stir-fry with basil?
- 3 Can Basil be fried?
- 4 How can I add flavor to fried rice?
- 5 What is Italian basil?
- 6 Is Thai fried rice healthy?
- 7 What do I do with all this basil?
- 8 Can I use normal basil instead of Thai basil?
- 9 What do you use purple basil for?
- 10 What does fried basil taste like?
- 11 Can you deep fry basil leaves?
- 12 What herbs are good fried?
- 13 What gives Chinese fried rice its Flavour?
- 14 What can I add to bland fried rice?
- 15 Do you cook the rice before frying it?
How do you make holy basil fried rice?
Holy Basil Fried Rice | Khao Pad Gaprow | ข้าวผัดกระเพรา
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely.
- 2 red Thai chili peppers chopped finely.
- 1/2 cup pork chopped coarsely.
- 1/2 cup Thai holy basil leaves.
- 1/4 cup Chinese long beans cut into 1″ pieces.
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce.
- 1 teaspoon thick black soy sauce.
- 2 teaspoons thin soy sauce.
How do you make chicken stir-fry with basil?
- In a wok over high heat, add the oil, chilies, shallots and garlic, and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, breaking up the chicken into small bits.
- Add the sugar, soy sauce, and fish sauce.
- Add the basil, and stir-fry until wilted.
Can Basil be fried?
To crisp-fry the basil leaves, heat the oil in a small pan, add 2-3 leaves at a time and cook for 15 – 20 seconds, or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining basil leaves.
How can I add flavor to fried rice?
Eggs: Which add great flavor, texture and protein. Carrots, onions, green onions and peas: This is the base mix of veggies that I always use for fried rice, but feel free to add in other stir-fry veggies you love (see ideas below). Garlic: Freshly-minced. Soy sauce: I created this recipe using low-sodium soy sauce.
What is Italian basil?
Italian basil is not a real cultivar (by cultivar I mean “cultural variety”) of basil. “Italian basil” a general term for the types of basil that may be used in Italian cooking. The two types of basil cultivars that are used in Italian cooking include Sweet Basil, the most common cultivar, and Genovese Basil.
Is Thai fried rice healthy?
This may be one you reach for, just because of the familiarity of its name, but Thai fried rice is just as bad for you as the Chinese version. High in fat content and calories, it is a dish defined by its greasy nature.
What do I do with all this basil?
Here are some other everyday ways to use it:
- Top whole leaves onto pizza.
- Finish pasta with whole or thinly sliced leaves.
- Blend it into sauces.
- Puree it into soups.
- Chop it up to add to a salad.
- Use it to garnish avocado toast.
- Turn it into an ice cream topping!
Can I use normal basil instead of Thai basil?
No Thai Basil? No problem! Some recipes call for Thai basil, a pungent variety that can be hard to find in grocery stores. To duplicate its flavor, use common “Italian” basil and add a few fresh mint sprigs to the recipe.
What do you use purple basil for?
Purple Basil leaves have a beautiful, coppery glow and clove-like, slightly spicy flavour. Use them in salads, for pesto or preserved in oils and vinegars.
What does fried basil taste like?
What Does Basil Taste Like? The flavor of basil is a balance between sweet and savory, with hints of mint, anise, and pepper.
Can you deep fry basil leaves?
Heat 2 cups oil in wok until almost smoking and drop in handfuls of leaves so they turn brilliant green and crisp in seconds. Lift onto paper towels with a slotted spoon. Serve quickly, sprinkled over other dishes just before serving so the leaves don’t have time to lose their crispness.
What herbs are good fried?
The simple herb fry Parsley, sage, and rosemary work best here: they get nice and crisp and crunchy, and are gorgeous to boot. Keep the leaves whole for optimal effect, and if the stems aren’t too woody, leave them on as well. These are great sprinkled on top of a bowl of soup or over a serving of meat.
What gives Chinese fried rice its Flavour?
Chinese fried rice- light soy sauce and dark soy sauce are used. Some chefs prefer just a pinch of salt to keep the bright color of the rice. Chinese-American fried rice– tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce are used to render a whole new flavor. Thai fried rice- uses fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
What can I add to bland fried rice?
Scrambling an egg into your fried rice just before serving also adds flavor. Sesame oil is also a good choice for fried rice, but go easy on the soy sauce as it can overpower the other flavors. I sometimes add just a pinch of Chinese five spice powder. I like to add peas and green onions and sometimes shrimp.
Do you cook the rice before frying it?
When using previously cooked rice for a fried rice recipe, the rice is first fully cooked using the boiling/absorption/steaming method. The rice is stir-fried for several minutes using a small amount of oil in a large skillet. Other ingredients and seasonings are stir-fried quickly with the rice.