- 1 What goes with vegetable fried rice?
- 2 What does chicken fried rice contain?
- 3 What is vegetable fried rice made of?
- 4 What are good toppings for rice?
- 5 What can you serve with egg fried rice?
- 6 Can you lose weight eating fried rice?
- 7 How long does homemade chicken fried rice last?
- 8 What is the best rice for fried rice?
- 9 Is vegetable fried rice fattening?
- 10 Is fried rice vegetarian?
- 11 How do you dry rice for fried rice?
- 12 How can I spice up plain rice?
- 13 How do you make rice less boring?
What goes with vegetable fried rice?
What to Serve with Fried Rice
- Fried Egg. Okay, let’s start this list with the simplest one: top your fried rice with a fried egg.
- Egg Drop Soup. Egg drop soup is a staple in Chinese cuisine.
- Chicken Teriyaki.
- Hot and Sour Soup.
- Chinese Dumplings.
- Egg Rolls.
- Sesame Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
What does chicken fried rice contain?
This chicken fried rice has moist and tender chicken with flavorful peas and carrots and long rice cooked together. Make this unique and your own with this favorite Chinese rice! So many varieties of fried rice can be made. These better than takeout fried rice recipes are a collage of all my favorites!
What is vegetable fried rice made of?
Carrots, onions, green onions and peas: This is the base mix of veggies that I always use for fried rice, but feel free to add in other stir-fry veggies you love (see ideas below). Garlic: Freshly-minced. Soy sauce: I created this recipe using low-sodium soy sauce.
What are good toppings for rice?
Here are just a few of my best ideas, but the list certainly doesn’t end here!
- Butter and parmesan cheese.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Creamy gravy.
- Cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sauteed garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- Broccoli flowerets and cheese.
- Toasted peanuts or cashews.
What can you serve with egg fried rice?
WHAT TO SERVE WITH EGG FRIED RICE
- Chinese Garlic Cucumber Salad.
- Sambal Potatoes.
- Honey Chili Garlic Shrimp.
- 10-Minute Chilled Tofu & Garlic Appetizer.
Can you lose weight eating fried rice?
Is fried rice good for weight loss? Fried rice typically has lot of fat and carbs, but this healthier version is great for weight loss! You can easily load it up with veggies and protein making it a great weight loss friendly meal!
How long does homemade chicken fried rice last?
Recipe is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
What is the best rice for fried rice?
These are my favorite types of rice for frying:
- Jasmine: A medium-grain Thai variety that has the perfect balance of stickiness (for easy eating) and individual grains (for superior texture).
- Medium-grain white rice: The variety you’ll most commonly see in Chinese restaurants.
Is vegetable fried rice fattening?
Fried rice is undeniably bad for you, setting you back 450 calories and 14 grams of fat. Brown rise is better, with only 215 calories and a generous 3.5 grams of fiber per cup. But even though it’s trendy to avoid white rice because it’s a high-glycemic carb, it’s not so bad.
Is fried rice vegetarian?
Traditional fried rice is not vegan as it has eggs and meat in it, but you can easily find just rice and vegetable versions that are meant to be used as side-dishes. Or you can make it vegan if you make it at home. Normally the ingredients in fried rice are rice, oil, soy sauce, peas, carrots, meat and eggs.
How do you dry rice for fried rice?
Make a batch of rice and spread it in a thin layer on a sheet tray. Put the tray in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes (this keeps the grains from clumping), then portion out the rice into individual freezer bags. Freeze for a couple hours and BOOM—dry rice, ready for frying.
How can I spice up plain rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
How do you make rice less boring?
1. Toast the grains. Toasting the dry rice grains in a little butter or olive oil before adding the water brings out their flavor and adds a fantastic nutty note in the finished dish. I especially love doing this with brown rice and other whole grains like farro and barley.